First-Time Application of New Mexico State Authorization
Private post-secondary institutions that provide educational services in the State of New Mexico and are subject to either the New Mexico Post-Secondary Educational Institution Act (Section 21-23-1 et seq. NMSA 1978) or the Interstate Distance Education Act (Section 21-23B-1 et seq. NMSA 1978) can use this site to apply for New Mexico State Authorization. Out-of-State proprietary post-secondary schools that sell any courses or solicit students in New Mexico to attend the out-of-State proprietary Institutions have to register with our Department.
Institutions may apply:
- Certificate of State Authorization (Registrations for regionally accredited institutions with physical presence in New Mexico)
- Certificate of State Authorization (License for non-regionally accredited institutions with physical presence in New Mexico)
- Certificate of State Authorization (Distance Education for institutions that are not NC-SARA approved)
- Certificate of State Authorization (Out-of-State proprietary schools with designated agents recruiting NM students)
- Adding new agents for State Authorized out-of-State proprietary schools